International drinking rules are not a game as such, but a fantastic addition to a night of drinking, as they get harder to follow as the night goes on when players become increasingly intoxicated. Breaking any rule results in drinks as punishment (e.g. 2 fingers is most common, but it’s up to you!). If someone falsely accuses another player, they themselves must bear the penalty.
- You must not swear
- You must not use your strong hand to drink. E.g. if you are left handed, you have to drink with your right hand.
- Pointing is prohibited. If you need to point, you must do so with your elbow.
- You cannot call another player by his or her first name.
- The words ‘drink’, ‘table’ and ‘card’ are not allowed.
- Drinks must be at least a thumbs distance away from the edge of the table. If another player reaches your drink with their thumb, you have to drink.
- You can’t put an empty glass down. If your glass is empty, you can either keep it in your hand, or go and get it refilled.